Oral Presenter Guidelines
1. KEY POINTS FOR ORAL PRESENTERS
- All presenters are strongly recommended to upload a copy of their presentation by September 18, 2017 to the IXA’s conference management system by clicking on the “My Lecture's" icon from the dashboard.
- IXA presenters are recommended to check into the Speaker Ready Room (Room 203) at least 3 hours prior to their session time in order to verify their presentation or to upload a revised version to the computer network.
- FDA SPEAKERS PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTION FROM 07:00-07:30 DIRECTLY IN ROOM 349
- iABO SPEAKERS please upload your presentation from 10:00-10:30 directly in your Elm Ballroom B (208).
- THEOLOGICAL SESSION SPEAKER, please upload your presentation from 11:30-12:00 directly in Elm Ballroom A (210).
- Presentations will not be accepted directly in the session rooms for uploading.
- All presentations should be prepared for PowerPoint 2016 on Windows 7 based PCs.
- Slides should be in 16:9 format.
- Use of individual laptop computers is not permitted.
- PowerPoint for MAC files should be tested on a PC before attending the event.
- Keynote for MAC will not be accepted, it must be exported to PowerPoint.
- Please proceed to your meeting room 10-15 minutes before session start time in order to check in with the session chairs.
- We are on a tight schedule. Please make sure to adhere to your allotted speaking time!
2. UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION
All presenters are strongly recommended to upload a copy of their presentation by September 18, 2017 to IXA’s conference management system.
How to upload your presentation:
- Log into your IXA profile.
- Select "My lectures" from your dashboard.
- Click "edit" under the lecture you'd like to upload.
- Scroll down for the "PowerPoint Upload" section.
3. SPEAKER READY ROOM CHECK-IN
When you arrive at the SMC Campus Center, please proceed to the 2nd Level. The registration area is located at the top of the stairs.
All presenters collect their nametags and materials at the “Invited Speakers” counter.
Speaker Ready Room (Room 203)
Presenters should review their presentation in the Speaker Ready Room at least 3 hours prior to their scheduled presentation. Our program manager Jennifer Patterson will greet you there.
If you are a FDA, iABO or Theological session speaker, please upload directly in your session room the day of your presentation.
Hours of Operation:
|Wednesday, September 20||13:30-17:00|
|Thursday, September 21||06:30-17:00|
|Friday, September 22||07:00-17:30|
|Saturday, September 23||07:00-13:00|
In the Session Room
Please arrive at your session meeting room at least 10-15 minutes before the start of your session. Take time to familiarize yourself with the setup at the lectern, to meet the session chairs, and ask questions (if any) to the technician.
4. RECORDING YOUR PRESENTATION
Permission to record your presentation: You have the unique opportunity of contributing to the education content of the IXA/TTS website by allowing the posting of your presentation recording to the password protected "members only" section of the TTS website. The presentations will never be posted in the public domain. TTS and IXA, have many members that will not have the opportunity to attend the Congress and your contribution would be greatly appreciated. The presentations will also be available to Congress attendees through a password protected area of the website.
For your protection we have implemented the following security measures:
- TTS and IXA will not retain copyright of the presentation and the presentation will be removed from the website upon request within 48 hours.
- All presentations will be visibly watermarked to avoid piracy.
- All presentations are uploaded in a non-editable format.
You will be asked onsite if you accept or decline recording.
5. PREPARING YOUR PRESENTATION
PowerPoint: Please ensure that your PowerPoint presentation is in the 16:9 format.
Movies/Videos: Please take steps to compress your videos. Normally, videos with .avi, .mp4, .mpg or .wmv extensions will not be an issue if encoded with a codec supported. We can only accept movies with the following codes: H.264, MPEG-4 (Divx, Xvid, or WMVs), Indeo, Cinepack, Techsmith.
Flash content (SWF) is fully supported.
Apple QuickTime formats such as MOV, QT, MP4, or DV files are NOT supported in Windows PowerPoint. Options to convert these movies to a Windows compatible AVI are discussed below in Consideration for Mac Users.
You may download this free program (Windows or Mac) to convert your video to a suitable format:http://www.macroplant.com/adapter/
Fonts: We only support fonts that are included with Office 2016. If you need a specialized font, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation. For instructions on this process, please click on the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826832/en-us
6. CONSIDERATIONS FOR MAC USERS
Pictures: If you use a version of PowerPoint prior to 2016, please be sure any embedded pictures are not TIFF format. These images will not show up in Windows PowerPoint. With PowerPoint 2016 for the Mac, this is no longer an issue, and any inserted image will be compatible. To avoid issues we recommend inserting your images via the insert command not copy and pasting directly into the slide.
Movies: Quicktime Pro 7 can natively export MOV, DV, QT, or MP4 files as Cinepack codec AVI files. While the resulting file is Windows compatible, there are add on products to Quicktime that will give a better results.
Divx offers a plug-in for Quicktime 7 Pro that will convert all Quicktime movie formats to Windows compatible divx AVI files. It is available at the following website: http://www.divx.com/en/products/software/mac/divx-pro
If you cannot convert the files or have a considerable number of files, please check with a technician in the Speaker Ready Room who can make arrangements to convert the videos, or at the Association’s discretion, confirm you will be allowed to present off your own laptop.